Our liver is one of the hardest working organ in our bodies, it has to perform over 500 different functions including storing vitamins, sugar, and minerals as fuel, controlling production and excretion of cholesterol, and many others. Our livers contain bile which is stored in the gallbladder and helps break down fats. Liver stress refers to our liver being overworked or sluggish.
The liver filters the foreign parties that enter our bodies like alcohol, tobacco, food additives, and environmental factors. Our bodies have about 700 toxic chemicals in them. A study conducted by the Environmental Working Group found that a newborn has 287 toxic chemicals in their urine including mercury, pesticides, Teflon, and others from exposure before birth. There are several signs your liver is stressed.
If you notice these symptoms please consider strengthening your liver through diet and lifestyle:
1. Change in skin color The first sign your liver is stressed is Skin discoloration. The color of your skin changes from your natural color to sickly yellow or pale tinged with blue, your nails and fingertips can also turn yellow. This happens when your liver is unable to get rid of toxins in your body so they accumulate causingbilirubin to develop under your skin.2. Digestive problems
Problems like bloating, constipation, and frequent indigestion are signs of a stressed liver. Bloating often occurs with stomach pain and gas. Bile cannot properly break down food and lubricate the intestines in a weakened or stressed liver.
3. Aches and pains Another liver function is to purify and produce new blood, when it’s stressed you’re unable to get enough blood to your tendons, muscles, and other tissues which results in inflexibility, pain in upper back, and dry eyes. Such continuous discomfort and pain can lead to fatigue.
4. Fatigue Many people feel they are always tired, which is fatigue. Chronic fatigue may indicate your liver is stressed and your body is working hard to repair it. While your body is busily repairing, other systems can overload which causes tiredness. If this occurs with other signs of liver stress, you need to get your liver checked.
6. Mood swings When our liver is stressed it can impact our emotions, they can get stagnant. Depression, anger, impatience, and irritability are common symptoms of liver stress. A stressed liver can cause difficulty making decisions, bad judgment, and brain fog. Mental rigidity, aggression, and violent outbursts are indicators of stressed liver.
7. Other symptoms A stressed liver can affect all body parts. Some may experience blurry vision, ringing in the ears, dizziness, insomnia, hormonal imbalances like PMS, allergies, chemical sensitivities, lower sex drive, intestinal bleeding, spider veins, and unintentional weight loss.
If you have signs your liver is stressed make sure to consult with a healthcare professional with knowledge of natural remedies and alternative medicine to help you with a detox program. 7 Signs Your Liver Is Stressed